Fun, Interesting, And Surprising Facts About Fitness And Group Gym Classes
Riverside and Corona’s top group gym has a name, and that name is Genetics Training Facilities. Perhaps you’ve heard of us, and perhaps you haven’t. Either way, we hope you’d agree that we have the snazziest and catchiest name out of any group fitness gym inside Corona and Riverside. In all seriousness, Genetics Training Facilities is more than a name. It speaks to our thorough, multi-layered approach to fitness that incorporates bodyweight workouts, aerobic exercises, and an advanced methodology for individually tracking quantitative performance and improvement.
After all, believing you’ve made gains are great, but they are even better if they aren’t just in your head. With our heart rate monitoring, cutting-edge technology, both you and your group gym class instructors will have access to make data-driven decisions regarding your fitness approach and ever-evolving strategy. The personal trainers at Genetics Training Facilities will walk you through this information to help you best utilize the tools that are available to you.
Today’s post is going to be one that dazzles, one that delights. At least, that’s our hope. In lieu of a good portion of our previous posts describing what our local group gym has to offer, we thought it might be fun to depart from that current kind of topic in favor of hitting you with some quick-fire facts about fitness, group gyms, nutrition, health, and pretty much anything that we deem “interesting.” Hey, it’s our blog after all. But this information is for you. Hopefully you will find a gem of motivation within, so keep reading if you are interested in some useful information about fitness!
- Your mood will likely improve after any kind of physical activity. From a light doubles tennis match to a long, intense run, neurochemicals called endorphins (we spoke about endorphins, dopamine, and serotonin in greater detail in our previous post) will put a spring in your step. This helps indicate to your body that physical exercise is a very good thing, and an act that deserves repeating.
- The U.S. Department of Health notes that one out of three children are physically active on a daily basis in the U.S.A. Yikes.
- 2013 research collected by the U.S. Department of Health noted the following likelihood of residents to exercise for over 30 minutes per day and at least twice per week. The percentages are listed as follows: Vermont (65.3%), Hawaii (62.2%), Montana (60.1%), Alaska (60.1%). The least likely were Delaware (46.5%), West Virginia (47.1%) and Alabama (47.5%). The national average for regular exercise is 51.6%. Looks like we Californians have got some ground to catch up!
- Crunches aren’t integral to getting a six-pack. While they do help increase muscle mass, there isn’t very much fat burning that is going on while performing them. Go for planks and/or bridges as opposed to 100 crunches before you go to sleep. While we are talking about it, don’t do it before you sleep at all. Work out in the morning to jumpstart your metabolism!
- This is one of our favorite facts. It’s that anyone, at any time, no matter their fitness levels, can start exercising today to become healthier tomorrow. That possibility is open to you, irrespective of the attempts and failures of the past. Right now you could contact Genetics Training Facilities and get your first Riverside group gym class free! (See what we did there?)
- American children spend an average of 7.5 hours per day in front of a screen of some sort. And, yeah, we get that you probably aren’t searching for group gym classes for your children, but the point remains that our society has a major health problem that needs to be addressed. Awareness is the first step toward that aim.
- Continuing on with this child-related trend, you might find it alarming that many elementary schools have completely cut out recess, according to the Washington Post. The Post’s article goes onto state, “Fewer than 1 in 25 elementary schools and fewer than 1 in 13 middle schools in this country provide daily P.E. classes for all students.”
- Everyone can carve out 20 or 30 minutes every few days to maintain a baseline of health and activity. It’s true, balancing work, a family, and serious fitness goals isn’t always an easy thing. But being able to jump rope three times per week for 20 minutes per session is far from unattainable. And we should add that having a crew that is motivated to make real changes in their lives is an added motivational bonus. You can get exactly that at Genetics Training Facilities and our fitness boot camp in Riverside!
- Respectively speaking, carbohydrates, protein, fat, and alcohol have 4, 4, 9, and 7 calories in every gram.
- Targeting fat loss is impossible. This is because fat loss, as it were, is systemic. The phrase “all boats rise” applies loosely here.
- Getting in shape with a buddy, or a group of buddies, can help build long-lasting relationships. Perhaps you are looking for an activity that you can do with a long-lost friend or even a romantic partner. There’s your ticket. Plus, having a buddy or a group of friends at a Riverside group fitness program will help you stay motivated and consistent. Having a support system can be invaluable if you are serious about getting into shape and seeing tangible changes in your life.
- Exercising and being healthy can help improve your chances against high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, heart disease…the list goes on. Exercise, generally speaking, can help your outcome no matter your affliction.
Get Your Free Gym Class
At Genetics Training Facilities, we have the experience and passion people are looking for to help them make real changes. Becoming part of a community is just a bonus most of the time. If you are looking to find the support system that will help you do exactly that, get in touch with us today!