The Benefits Of Exercise – Why Get In Shape?
Genetics Training Facilities aim to have a unique place in the world of group gyms. We understand that there are more group workout choices (in Riverside, Corona, and elsewhere) than there ever have been before, but we believe that we offer a specialized and valuable Riverside group gym that combines the best of many worlds.
First of all, there is the community aspect. Being able to train alongside like-minded, motivated individuals who want to see you succeed as much as they want to themselves should not be diminished. One of the things we hear often is that our gym members love the workouts and the results they achieve, but a key to being consistent is having the right kind of motivation. Doing cardio work and strength training alongside people who often become your friends shouldn’t be discounted when looking at the motivation side of the equation. We want to see each other succeed here at Genetics Training Facilities. So when you come in to experience hour-long group workouts with cutting-edge machines and state-of-the-art tracking technology to make sure you are on course, don’t forget that it’s the people here who make the biggest difference of all.
Building A Better Workout
As we noted above, we offer unique tracking technology along with our group workout sessions so that you can customize your training while making sure that you are on track to meet your personal fitness goals. When we say we want to help you “build a better workout,” we mean that we intentionally blend cardio, strength training, and metric-analysis into every group gym class we offer.
- Cardio – Our certified personal trainers make sure that you get the fat-burning benefits from every workout. This helps your heart health in a significant way.
- Strength Training – Using sophisticated strength training machines, free-weights, and bootcamp style workouts in our turf area to use bodyweight training to our advantage, we’ll help you burn fat while building muscle as a part of your tailored fitness plan.
- Metrics – Speaking of your unique plan, we offer seamless live heart rate tracking at each workout station. With strength training machines that automatically track velocity, reps, and weight, our coaches will teach you how to use these tools to your advantage so you that you maximize your results with each workout.
Now that we’ve gotten our little blurb about Genetics Training Facilities out of the way, we have a promised blog topic to get to. As we are sure the title gave away, today’s post concerns the benefits of exercise. While many of our readers and gym members are fully aware of the laundry list of benefits that are associated with exercise, it can sometimes be a helpful endeavor to remind ourselves why we do what we do. Sure, you can probably already list off a few benefits like “dopamine,” “looking better,” or “more energy,” and you’d be right in all three cases. But there is more to it than that, as many of us are already aware. That being said, keep reading if you’d like to learn or re-learn a few reasons regarding why we get in shape and stay in shape!
- Self-Confidence – Let’s start with a big, if not obvious, benefit of exercise. The very act of working out just a few times can make you feel better about yourself. You won’t start seeing tangible results unless you’ve been consistent about your workout routine for at least a few weeks, but you can begin to feel more confident much sooner than that. No matter who you are or what your background is, getting in better shape can give your self-esteem a (often much needed) boost.
- Better Sleep – Maybe this one is even more important than feeling a bit more confident than you did a few weeks ago — sleep is always needed and appreciated, we don’t care who you are. Here’s an interesting finding: the 2013 annual Sleep In America poll, administered by the National Sleep Foundation, determined that people who think of themselves as vigorous and consistent exercisers get much better sleep than those who lead more sedentary lives. Half the non-exercisers who were polled reported that they do not get good sleep, while only 17 percent of vigorous exercisers reported getting fairly or very bad sleep.
- Live A Longer Life – As if this point needed any additional justification — exercising just fifteen minutes per day has been reported to help you live an additional three years! While we can’t speak for this particular statistic, we are familiar with the body of work that would support this theory. Plus, it’s just common sense. Exercising makes you healthier, and healthy people live longer than others. So let’s get healthy, folks!
- Make A Little Love – Check that — make a lot of love. In a 2012 study performed by Emory University, researchers concluded that men between 18 and 40 who happened to exercise more “seemed to experience a protective benefit against erectile dysfunction,” as Wayland Hsiao, administrator of the research project, put it. Again, this needs no further justification, as it pretty much speaks for itself.
- Reduce Your Risk Of Disease – We’ve all heard it before, but that doesn’t make it any less true. When you are out of shape and overweight, you are at a much higher risk for many different kinds of diseases and health problems, among them being high cholesterol, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, without forgetting about coronary heart disease. We could write a couple blogs about this topic alone…so maybe we will…
- More Energy – You’ll feel better about yourself and you’ll feel better about living life more generally. Tasks you once considered chores will become enjoyable. Things that used to set you off won’t be as big of a deal anymore, as regular exercise has been studied and shown to elevate moods and reduce symptoms of stress and depression.
There are many other benefits of exercise. Among them are the discipline you develop translating to other areas of your life. You’ll be more driven and focused at work and in your social life. Your clothes will fit you better. People will start to look up to you more. Your short-term and long-term memory will receive a boost, while you help prevent cognitive decline. The dopamine you receive from your workouts might even help you control an addiction that you’ve been battling for some time!
Get Your First Class Free!
Now that we’ve convinced you that it’s time to make a change, make that change a smart one by choosing Genetics Training Facilities of Riverside, CA. We are dedicated to bringing exciting and challenging workouts to help you achieve your unique goals. Get your first class free today!